Monday, May 17, 2010

Valentine's Day - Garry Marshall (2010)

Garry Marshall’s “Valentine’s Day” begs the question, “Can a film critic write a review of a movie he couldn’t even make it six minutes through?” Well, this will be a short review.

In the opening sequences, we are treated to horrible acting, contrived emotions and dialogue that somehow manages to be stilted and sappy at the same time. I have a relatively high pain threshold, but I couldn’t even make it through the opening credits.
This is six minutes of my life I want back. Garry Marshall, I’ll take the six minutes any way you’d like to give it. You can come to my house and vacuum. I’m sure you can get the living room and at least one bedroom taken care of in six minutes. Or you can show up at work and give me a six-minute shoulder massage.

However you want to pay it back is fine, but Garry Marshall, you owe me six minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment